** PLEASE NOTE: This scholarship program is currently paused while the VPSF's new Board of Directors reviews the program.**
VPSF provides educational scholarship opportunities for the dependents of public safety officers killed in the line of duty. VPSF's Scholarship Fund provides for the reimbursement of education expenses for qualified applicants.
Eligible applicants must meet the following requirements:
1) Applicant must be the spouse, life partner, child, or stepchild of public safety officer killed in the line of duty whose death has been certified an official line of duty death by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
2) Applicant must have received a high school diploma or equivalency.
3) Applicant must be pursuing undergraduate or professional certification from an accredited institute.
4) "Child" survivors must be under the age of 25 to request assistance.
5) Adult survivors must request assistance within five years of the line of duty death.
Funds can be used for any educational purpose and have been used to support students with various goals, including four-year universities, community colleges and trade schools.